Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Calendar

I have been acquiring the PTI Year of Flowers stamps over the past year or so.  My mother in law loves flowers and used to have a florist business so I thought I'd make her a desk calendar using all the YOF stamps.  I've been loving the look of coloring on kraft paper so that's the route I took.  I colored and punched the holes for the binding...right through some of the flower names!  So I cut strips of patterned paper to put across the top and went from there.  All in all, I love the way it turned out.  
 The front, the tab tucks under the "2013".
 I used very pale colors on an embossed Morning Glory, didn't do any shading and then stuck the die cut '2013' over.
 The tab folds under and creates an easel type stand.  There is a strip of kraft to hold the front in place.
 I didn't keep track of the Copic colors I used.  I know that I used the Special Edition ones because they were easy to keep on my desk. These are Carnations.
 Violets, if I do any more of these I think I'll try to put the flower titles in kind of the same place.
 Daffodils, I outlined everything in T3 for definition.  I also thinks it helps keep all the images cohesive.
 Sweet Peas. I like how these turned out.
 Lilies of the Valley; white colored pencil is great on kraft paper.  Gotta remember to do it AFTER all your Copic coloring is done.
 These Roses look like velvet in person.  So rich looking.
 Larkspurs
 I used the fluorescent purple, I think it's the truest purple.  The yellow in the middle of the flowers is with colored pencils.
 I like this stamp but don't really like the way I colored it.  I was trying to creat some highlights with white pencil but don't like how it came out.
 Marigolds; the darker more saturated colors are so rich looking on the kraft.
 Mums
 I know the reds for the Poinsettias came from the special edition set, the ketch pens with a brush tip and a fine tip instead of the chisel.  I layered YG over the greens to get that yelowish cast that poisettia leaves sometimes get.
Made by me.
Supplies for Calendar
Stamps:  Year of Flowers ; all 12 months(PTI)
Dies/Impression Plates: Calendar page, Limitless layers ovals (PTI)
Cardstock:  Kraft, New Leaf dots and stripes (PTI)
Ink Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: Copic Markers (a bunch), colored pencils 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers