Monday, November 12, 2012

Felting

 Felting.  So cool, I love knitting something, throwing it in the machine and seeing what I get.  I know that terrifies lots of you out there but I find it exhilarating. Lately I've been making bags and bowls.  I made a couple of purses a few years ago and just finished a bag that is perfect for those weekend trips that Craig and I go on. 
BEFORE FELTING
AFTER FELTING (Washed twice)
I had some yarn left over and used it to make a little bowl.  It looked remarkably like a hat before felting!
There is this great book called AlterKnits Felt by Leigh Radford that had a pattern for pot holders using a blister stitch.  
I made those (I had some trouble with the I-cord edging) and then adapted the pattern to make...
...a bowl!  I have one just like it in red and charcoal on the end table to hold my knitting notions.
Sigh...so much wool in so many colors and so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers