Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Really Green Vacation Book...


I went down to the scrapbook expo in San Diego with my friends Kara and Jana. I had a great time even though I was there to work.  Jana and I were cruising around before the Expo opened up morning and we saw the greatest album in the Rusty Pickle booth.  It was made using regular old cardboard and I loved it.  So, I bought their kit but also tried to make on of my own.  I cut up some boxes from the garage when I got home and used the "Snorkel" paper from Cosmo Cricket ...taadaa! Craig took all the pictures so it was truly a family project!
Here's pages 2 and 3. I had to use the paper in different ways to cover up the 'U-Haul' logos on the pieces I'd cut.  Anyone have any good ideas for getting clean cuts on corrugated cardboard? My rotary cutter didn't cut deep enough and the guillotine cutter smushed it too much.  I finally wound up using a straight edge and an Exacto knife.
I thought those guys at the Rusty Pickle had some great ideas. How come I never thought of making a little flap like this? They used a safety pin but I didn't have one so I improvised with a paper clip and a brad.
The little flap lifted up so I could show another picture of Zachary along with journaling.  I love it!
Garrett hanging with Juliet in the boat.
I think I have this figured out, the picture and comment thing...I love the little tag on the O-ring! Garrett is jumping of this big rock, I took pictures of him using the burst mode.  Jandi was the best boat driver...
We boated over to this cove one afternoon , it looked like it was going to rain but it didn't. Amanda is such a dork.  I couldn't get a straight picture of that girl EVER!
The end.  The Snorkel paper was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers