Tuesday, July 17, 2012

First...Challenge, Sketch, MIM

I have been a rabid Papertrey Ink user/shopper/follower for several years now but always as a watcher.  This weeks MIM video for some reason inspired me to want to participate.  I've made lots of cards using the MIM concepts and techniques but never wanted to participate.
I'm not saying that I really like this particular card but I really enjoyed the PROCESS of creating it.  I have never created from a sketch and wouldn't normally have used these colors.  Everything about it is outside my comfort zone.  I didn't know it would be so satisfying!

I thought I would edit the post to include what my challenges were: Horizontal layout of sketch #5 using Trendy Tree Tops, Background Basics: Farm and Barn, glitter as an embellishment and the color combo of pure poppy, summer sunrise, simply chartreuse and aqua mist.  It probably took me 2 hours of messing around!



2 comments:

  1. So glad you posted for the challenge! It is fun visiting others blogs to see what they are making! I love your card! Love the tree trunk and your row of hearts especially! Very stylish and fun!!! Hope to get to this challenge myself this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the welcome and kind words!

    ReplyDelete

Followers